Government of Saskatchewan
Quick Search:
       Thursday, April 11, 2013
Saskatchewan

BY-ELECTIONS CALLED

Voters in the ridings of Battleford Cut Knife and Saskatoon Fairview will be going to the polls March 17th, 2003.

Premier Lorne Calvert called the by-elections today. The ridings became vacant with the death of Rudi Peters in Battleford Cut Knife last fall and the resignation of Chris Axworthy in Saskatoon Fairview last week.

"I am calling these by-elections now so we can have MLAs in place before the beginning for the Spring legislative session," Calvert said.

Calvert said the by-election campaigns are an opportunity for the government to discuss both its track record and plan for creating opportunities for Saskatchewan people.

-30-



For More Information, Contact:

Rob Cunningham
Media Services
Regina
Phone: 306-787-6349
Email: rcunnigham@ec.gov.sk.ca
Cell: 306-539-1126
Icon  News Archives



Home/About Government/News Releases
© 2013 Government of Saskatchewan. All rights reserved.