Government of Saskatchewan
Quick Search:
       Thursday, April 11, 2013
Saskatchewan

UPGRADING FOUR PRINCE ALBERT AREA SCHOOLS

The Government of Saskatchewan is investing $234,000 on improvements to four schools in Prince Albert and the surrounding area.

"We are investing in schools, in students and in the future of Saskatchewan," Learning Minister Andrew Thomson said. "As part of our long-term K-12 capital strategy, the 2004-05 block funding upgrade projects demonstrate our continued commitment to work with school divisions to improve the learning environment in Saskatchewan schools."

The Saskatchewan Rivers School Division will receive $213,000 for two new relocatable classrooms for John Diefenbaker School, $8,400 for fire code upgrades for Carlton Comprehensive High School and $2,600 for special needs accessibility upgrades for Birch Hills School. These projects will be cost-shared with the Saskatchewan Rivers School Division.

The Prince Albert Catholic School Division will receive $10,000 to move two existing relocatable classrooms to W.F.A. Turgeon Catholic Community School.

These projects are part of the provincial government's investment of $3.3 million to improve the learning environment in 41 Saskatchewan schools. With these projects, the total commitment by government to K-12 capital projects this fiscal year is $22 million.

In addition, Saskatchewan Learning has previously committed to contributing $10 million toward the already approved major expansion and renovation project for St. Mary High School, and $4.7 million toward constructing the new Vincent Massey Community School.

"Schools today are more important than ever as vital centres of our communities," Thomson said. "We need to continue to upgrade learning facilities so they can serve Saskatchewan communities well."

-30-



For More Information, Contact:

Nelson Wagner
Learning
Regina
Phone: (306) 787-6040
Icon  News Archives



Home/About Government/News Releases
© 2013 Government of Saskatchewan. All rights reserved.