|
||
|
News Release - February 12, 2004 PROVINCIAL \"ORANGE ZONE CHALLENGE\" CONTEST LAUNCHED
Saskatchewan Highways & Transportation is launching a provincial contest to increase safety and awareness on highways by having high school students design an ad campaign.
"The idea is for high school students to learn about safety in the Orange Zone and then create an ad campaign that will make an impact and raise awareness about how to drive safely in the Orange Zone," Highways and Transportation Minister Mark Wartman said. The contest solicits entries for television, radio and print advertisements from Grade 10, 11 and 12 students. The student submitting the winning entry will win a computer for his or her school and have the opportunity to work with Rawlco Radio, CTV and the department's communication branch to professionally produce their advertising concept. The province-wide contest builds upon a successful pilot project run in co-operation with Campbell Collegiate in Regina last year. "Not only does the winning student have an incredible opportunity to gain firsthand experience about advertising, but the department also gains fresh, new ideas to promote safety in Orange Zones," Wartman said. "The young people of our province continue to show us their great ideas and innovation and the Orange Zone Challenge is yet another opportunity to showcase their talent." In addition to Highways & Transportation, the contest is sponsored by Rawlco Radio, Golden West Radio, CTV and IBM Canada. Students must submit their ideas by the end of February, 2004, with final submissions due on April 15th, 2004. For more information on the Orange Zone Challenge, log onto the department's website at www.highways.gov.sk.ca. -30- For More Information, Contact:
|
||