|
||
|
News Release - November 10, 2008 WANUSKEWIN TO RECEIVE $2.8 MILLION IN SUPPORTIt was announced today that the Wanuskewin Heritage Park Authority will receive $2.8 million in additional support from the provincial government in the coming days. The funding will enable Wanuskewin Heritage Park Authority to complete phase one of a capital renewal project that was put on hold earlier this year when the park's finances would not permit the completion of the project. "With cold weather setting in, it is imperative that the building be secured for winter," Tourism, Parks, Culture and Sport Minister Christine Tell said. "As a condition of funding, the Wanuskewin Heritage Park Authority board provided the province with a new operating and strategic plan, including a plan for improved governance. Ministry officials will continue to work closely with the board and the federal department of Canadian Heritage to stabilize the organization and to secure further funding for a series of other improvements to the building and the site itself." "The Wanuskewin Heritage Park Authority board wishes to express its gratitude and appreciation to Graham Construction for its patience and understanding over the last nine months," Wanuskewin Heritage Park Authority board chair Lloyd Beazley said. "The board looks forward to Graham Construction's return to the park to complete the construction phase of the renewal project. The added and redesigned space will enhance Wanuskewin's ability to engage Saskatchewan First Nations and the broader community in the interpretation and presentation of First Nations cultures to the world." -30- For more information, contact: Janet Peters |
||