|
||
|
News Release - May 20, 2008 $7 MILLION ANNOUNCED FOR MAPLE CREEK COMPOSITE HIGH SCHOOL IMPROVEMENTSMaple Creek's high school celebrated when Education Minister Ken Krawetz today announced nearly $7 million in funding for improvements during a pep rally held in the School's gymnasium. The government funding of $3.65 million is slightly more than half of the project's costs with the school division funding the remainder. "This investment exemplifies the benefits of the Ready for Growth initiative that is helping us grow our economy, improve our quality of life and take pride in where we live," Krawetz said. "The improvements for the Maple Creek Composite High School will strengthen the education opportunities for the town's young people and the community in which they live and grow." "The Chinook School Division is very pleased that the Ministry has approved major renovations to the Maple Creek Composite High School," Chinook School Division board chair Randy Beler said. "We look forward to the completion of the upgrades and benefits that will be created for the students from the development of an enhanced learning facility." The funding will provide much needed new space for Grade 6 and 7 students who will move from the elementary school when the new classrooms are ready. The entire project is expected to be completed late in 2009, or a year after the project is awarded. Other improvements include mechanical, structural and electrical upgrades. The funding will be distributed as follows (including fees and GST):
The Government of Saskatchewan committed $117.6 million in this year's budget for kindergarten to Grade 12 school improvements as part of the Ready for Growth initiative. Last week, Krawetz announced additional funding of $60 million for capital funding that will support eight more school improvement projects next year. -30- For more information, contact: Jacquie McLean |
||